West Street

Above: The Axe and Cleaver as it looked many years ago.

Below: West Street prior to the erection of the Municipal Buildings in 1904. Next to the gate on the left was a blacksmiths shop run by Mr. Joyce, next was a private house occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Barratt. Also in the row was a tinsmiths shop run by Mr. Norton and at the far end was Mrs. Clements sweet shop.